The brushless DC motor is quickly gaining popularity across several industries. BLDC motor design houses don’t use brushes for commutation; they use electricity instead.
From the aerospace industry to home entertainment, brushless DC motor manufacturers tout the following benefits over brush motors in motion-control applications:
- Durability – a brushless DC motor can last much longer.
- Higher efficiency and less wasted heat.
- Lighter in weight.
- Available in compact sizes.
- Simpler to maintain.
- Less noise produced.
- Inexpensive to manufacture.
- More reliable.
- BLDC motor design houses contaminate the components less.
- Good for use in smaller devices.
- No commutators used.
- It’s simpler for the brushless DC motor to quickly change directions.
- The torque-to-size ratio is higher.
- More cost-effective than brushed motors in regards to maintenance, energy and downtime.
- BLDC motor design houses are available in a variety of configurations.